Author Topic: How much is shipping to the UK?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline zchan28

How much is shipping to the UK?
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »
As above.

Thanks

Jazz

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: How much is shipping to the UK?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »
Currently, the cheapest method is Global Express Guaranteed at $40. It arrives in 2-3 days though, with tracking and all that. It's a service provided by FedEx through our postal system. Even though it is a total pain (mostly due to the amount of customs paperwork), we still do it because we want to be able to provide solutions for everyone. :)

We did offer a really cheap parcel post service but it was unreliable, took as long as 4 weeks to arrive (if ever), and had no tracking available. It didn't make for a very good customer experience at all. Since that doesn't fit our image as a fun and hassle free company with professional service, we dropped it. I'm still investigating alternatives.

Update: We have added International Priority mail service. It is a bit cheaper.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:41:45 PM by MMuecke »

Offline pat767

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
Mike, If I am not in any hurry for this item to arrive, how much would shipping be to Canada?

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »
Canada is about $13 via UPS. I hear that there are add on charges at your end though. Could someone that has received a unit in Canad via UPS post the scoop on extra charges?

Offline binarymelon

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:09:42 AM »
I got nailed for an additional $46 for brokerage and GST.  I would recommend not shipping UPS if you're sending to Canada.  For a package so small USPS would be more than sufficient.  It might take a little longer and be a little more expensive initially, but it's worth it in the end.

Offline pat767

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:53 AM »
Canada is about $13 via UPS. I hear that there are add on charges at your end though. Could someone that has received a unit in Canad via UPS post the scoop on extra charges?

True Mike.

I ordered HDMI cables a few weeks ago from the US. They shipped via FedEx Ground. I had to pay sales and provincial tax (which I don't mind) but there were roughly $40 of brokerage fees. So any "ground" service offered by a courier service is a big no-no for me.

I checked the USPS website and for a 1 pound package, it's $17 to Canada. http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10054&M=2&P=1&O=0&sd=1

Are you shipping out any PS3IR-PRO at this time?
I hope I read everything correctly, and from my understanding, I should be able to use my Harmony 1000 remote with the device?

Thanks again.

Pat

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:27:28 AM by pat767 »

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »
Yes, the PRo is in stock for immediate shipment and I have dropped the UPS ground option for Canada. Now I offer International Priority Mail instead.