Author Topic: PS3IR-PRO - PS Button  (Read 1073 times)

Offline onecoolmint

PS3IR-PRO - PS Button
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a PS3IR-PRO for a couple of years and it's been working great with my Logitech Harmony 890. 

Recently, Netflix added their installable (no-disc) app.  I'm finding that to exit that app, I need to use the PS button.  Currently, the PS3IR-PRO device map in the harmony software does not include a PS button.  I noticed that the PS3IR-1000A Harmony device mapping has the PS button present.  Can I use it to control the PS3IR-PRO?  Or do I just use the "PowerToggle" mapping?  Or is there perhaps a way to manually add PS button support?  Or some other option?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline onecoolmint

Re: PS3IR-PRO - PS Button
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
So I went ahead and tried the PS3IR-1000A.  The PS button did work correctly, however the poweroff/poweron functionality was gone.

Mike

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »
It may be that your PRO doesn't have the latest firmware.  Please upgrade to the latest version and let me know if you still don't have Power functions.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline boingolover

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »
For mine, PowerToggle is the same as the PS button, so I mapped that to an "Additional Button" on my 890 for the ps3 activity and named it PS.  I have never upgraded the firmware, I am not sure what version is on it but I purchased in april of 09.  I am still using the PS3-IRPRO profile btw
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:46:37 PM by boingolover »