Author Topic: PS3 IR1000 seems to have died  (Read 918 times)

Offline avrignaud

PS3 IR1000 seems to have died
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »
Have had one for a year or so, was working perfectly. Just recently I noticed that it wasn't accepting IR commands (from the previously working remote). Checked it, and even though it's plugged in correctly, no red light is showing, and it appears it's simply dead. (I also tried moving the USB power plug to two different devices, just to make sure it wasn't some sort of firmware change to the Xbox 360 which I was previously using to power it.)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: PS3 IR1000 seems to have died
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »
Can you think of anything that happened differently that could cause the device to stop working?

Not all USB ports are created equal.  Sometimes the power provided by a USB port is not clean enough and that can corrupt the firmware in the PS3IR-1000.  We have addressed this with firmware version 1.7.  We are also including an AC to USB power adapter with all PS3IR-1000s kits.  This adapter provides clean power for the PS3IR-1000.

I suspect a simple reprogramming will bring your dead PS3IR-1000 back to life.  Please send it in and we'll take care of the rest.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline avrignaud

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:17:40 AM »
Will happily do so!

Could you give me the correct shipping address, and do I need an Attn: somewhat or RMA or anything?

Thank you for your quick response!

AV

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »
We at Schmartz love golf and hate paperwork.  So, we strive to do a lot of the former and as little as possible of the latter.  Simply mail it to:

Schmartz, Inc.
2307 Valerian Trail
Round Rock, TX 78665

Please make sure your return address is legible.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline kobi

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
I seem to have the same problem, however I've got the 1.7 firmv.
As I'm in Iceland - is it by any means possible for me to try reprogramming my selve..

As this device through Crestron controls PS3 in a small hotel cinema which is used daily, this failure is rather important to solve quicly.. :)

Best

Jakob

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
Jakob,

The only way to reprogram the PS3IR-1000 is to send it to our office in Round Rock, TX.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.