Author Topic: Problems with CBM - nearly solved  (Read 746 times)

Offline win

Problems with CBM - nearly solved
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
Sony had rolled out several new versions of Firmware last time. May be my problem depends on these updates (has been so last year).

I'm using the PS3IR-PRO with Logitech Harmony 785 since 2009 without problems. Now the navigation within the CBM ist faulty. It stops after some steps (2-4), i have to wait before i can give new commands for navigation. All other functions like cross, circle, triangle are okay. I have registered the PS3IR one more time but the failure ist still remaining.

Has anyone the same problem or is my PS3IR in trouble?

Update

It seems the consumption of power had increased, because after changing the USB to the PS3 it works fine (except switching on) again.

It has been connected to an IPTV-Mediareceiver  USB-connector since autumn 2009. I have two of those devices. None of both is actually working with the PS3IR.

So here are my new questions:

How much power needs the PS3IR via USB in this state?

Can this be an early sign of death?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:23:30 AM by win »

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Problems with CBM - nearly solved
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
The PRO doesn't need a lot of power when in standby.  Power consumption might spike with key presses, but a USB port should be more than adequate to power the PRO.  If in doubt, you can use an AC to USB power adapter (such as the one we sell on our website - wink,wink).

Increased power consumption could be an early sign of death.  If your PRO dies, send it in and we'll bring it back to life. Zombies are popular these days, so you'll end up with a Zombie PRO. :)

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline win

Re: Problems with CBM - nearly solved
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »
Hello Romeo,

I had connected the PS3IR-PRO to an other USB-Outlet (Internet-Radio). Now it works. Shipping to USA will be too expensive and it will be too much administration because I am an european citizen living in Germany. I think there is no support and no dealer in Germany (I bought it from someone in Hamburg). I will be happy as long the PS3IR-PRO will accompany my equipment.