Author Topic: Harmony One and PS3IR-500A Profile  (Read 986 times)

Offline mobelby

Harmony One and PS3IR-500A Profile
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:38:26 AM »
Hi,

I recently got a Harmony One to assist with my mac mini home theatre setup.

When I got around to setting it up to control the ps3 with the PS3IR-500 in the Harmony software I noticed that the profile is now called PS3IR-500A instead of PS3IR-500, which I am guessing means it is amended.

What I don't get is what happened to all the keys that alphabetically came after subtitle - eg triangle, top menu, time, yellow etc.  All of these used to appear in the old profile that I still have for my old harmony 525.

Surely this is some sort of error in that the new profile has less functionality.

I also noticed that none of the user macros appear in this profile.

I can only ask why ?

And yes, I've also checked the PS3IR1000A profile and it appears identical and not to have these keys either
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:11:06 AM by mobelby »

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Harmony One and PS3IR-500A Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »
Believe me, I am equally puzzled by this. Especially since we've been trying for MONTHS to get Logitech to update their database with the right codes. I have a profile named "rdenghel" that has all the right commands mapped to the right keys. All I asked was for them to copy the codes from the profile into their main database.

They are either unwilling or unable to do so. They tell me there is no way to contact the database team directly, and every time I call I have to go through Tier 1 support to get to Tier 2 support. Every time they promise me it will be solved, and nothing gets done.

Meanwhile, please send me a private message with your Harmony login. Change the password to something simple and let me know what it is. I will then upload the rest of the keys into your profile and you'll be all set. Please keep in mind that the PS3IR-500 does not have user macros.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
OK, you're all set. I have added the missing commands to your Harmony account.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline coolgui

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »
Annoyingly, this is still an issue.  I actually deleted mine trying to get the PS button functionality just to find now there are missing buttons.  :(

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Please send an e-mail to support@schmartz.com and I'll add the missing commands to your profile.  Send you Harmony profile login and change your password to something simple (let me know what it is, though).

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline coolgui

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
Romeo,

Can I ask, are you still trying to get this fixed with Logitech?  I switched satellite providers and had to sync my remote and I lost my old settings.  I know you said I can upgrade to the PS3IR-1000 but with the problems you are having I am more apt to just pay the money for the Logitech adapter.  Since I already shelled out the cash for this PS3IR-500 obviously I would rather use it, but it is increasingly looking unlikely to be a workable option.

Thanks for your help up to this point.