Author Topic: help with firmware update  (Read 812 times)

Offline buyitjody

help with firmware update
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
I haven't been out here in quite a while.  I haven't upgraded my PS3IR-500 yet (the 6/7/2010 upgrade).  I just uploaded the newest file and the installation instruction.  I plugged my device into my computer and then started the utility.  It says it is not connected, when it is.  I've tried unplugging it, waiting for a bit and replugging it back in and nothing.  What do I need to do?  I have two USB ports on my computer and have plugged it into both.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Jody

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: help with firmware update
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »
Jody,

It doesn't appear that you are doing anything wrong.  Does your device still control the PS3?

The fastest way to solve this would be to send us your device and we'll do the firmware upgrade for you.  We'll also find out why the computer doesn't seem to see the device.

Happy holidays!

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc. Support

Offline buyitjody

Re: help with firmware update
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
Had a long few months and haven't been able to come back out and see your message...my grandest apologies!!

Yes, our remote control still works with our PS3, I was just wanting to get the latest firmware put on my PSIR-500.  I'm going to send you a private message...might want to send it in for you to upgrade.

Thanks!!
Jody