Author Topic: Arrow key Repeats with RTI T2C/RP6 RF  (Read 1152 times)

Offline davahad

Arrow key Repeats with RTI T2C/RP6 RF
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
Hello,

I am using the RTI T2C RF remote with RP6 RF receiver and when scrolling I am getting double key presses almost 100% of the time.  There are
many options in RTI software to correct this problem (ie., Key repeats, etc.) however, I cannot get one to work acceptably.  That is if I turn key repeats off
then I have to press the Down Arrow a hundred times to scroll through movies, etc.  If I change the key repeat timing so where it won't double press
keys then I have to hold down arrow and watch it scroll very slowwwwly through the list of movie rentals which takes forever to get to the bottom of the list.

So I've run out of options on the RTI side to fix this.  Is there anything I can try on the PS3IR-1000 to resolve this?  Also, I'm using the code sets from Schmarz web-site.

Appreciate any further suggestions.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Arrow key Repeats with RTI T2C/RP6 RF
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
You can try adjusting the "Key Duration" and "Inter-key Delay". Start the software utility, click on the Macros button and the options are on the new window.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline davahad

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
are the delays for macros only or any keypress?

Offline davahad

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 05:04:15 AM »
The "Key Duration" and "Inter-key Delay" did not help and had no effect that I could tell.

I've tried everything I can think of and it looks like the RTI T2C is not fully compatible with PS3IR-1000 as it consistently double
hits the arrow keys.

I did try using the T2C in IR Standalone mode (repeats set to 0) where it sends the IR command directly to the PS3IR-1000 and it still double hits arrow key presses.
I tried learning the commands from Schmartz Emitter to RTI IR-Pro receiver with the same results.
I tried the same IR Commands on a RTI T2+ remote and it works perfectly.  Never double hits arrow keys when sent from RTI T2+.

What I did notice is that the red light duration on PS3IR-1000 is much different from T2C vs. T2+ or using the PC to send commands.  When the PS3IR-1000 receives a command from
PC or T2+ the red light flashes very briefly.  When receiving command from T2C the red light stays on for almost a full second (at least 5-6 times longer or more).

At this point I have about 5 hours into trying to make the PS3IR-1000 work with RTI T2C and I can't think of anything else to try.

Any other suggestions?

Offline davahad

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 03:55:14 AM »
For anyone else with this same problem I used the following workaround.

System Macros for the Arrow Keys which makes the up down scrolling very slow but eliminates the Double hits.

Then I programmed the Channel + and - with the normal Arrow UP and Down and use this when I need to scroll through a list of movies very quickly.

Not perfect but it works much better than before.