Author Topic: How to program my Onkyo RC-693M  (Read 2542 times)

Offline alexmihuta

How to program my Onkyo RC-693M
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »
Hi,
I bought a PS3IR-500 that was promissed to make my universal IR remote (Onkyo RC-693M) to work with my PS3 Slim and to seamleesly integrate it with my home theatre. Onkyo does not have a code for PS2, so I had to buy a PS2 remote and have the Onkyo remote to learn the commands. What I am not able to do (and maybe you can tell me how to do it) is to use the discrete power off macro that PS3IR-500 is capable of.
Also: do you know a code for my remote that might be good for PS2 and therefore make it work with the PS3IR-500? I would try to avoid using the key by key learning process if possible.

Thank you,
ALEX

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: How to program my Onkyo RC-693M
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
Alex,

I can't find the manual for your remote, so I don't know what the code for PS2 is for your remote.

Given your situation, I believe the PS3IR-1000 might have been a better choice for you. It has an internal infrared emitter and would make programming your remote easy. Unless your remote can be connected to a PC and programmed with hex codes, learning the code from another remote is the only way. However, all of the commands in the Discrete Off macro are on the PS2 remote, so you can program the macro into your remote.

Mihuta... Is that Romanian?

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.