Author Topic: Pronto codes and utility questions  (Read 665 times)

Offline BruceReed

Pronto codes and utility questions
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
I just received my PS3IR-500 and I am attempting to set it up for a Pronto TSU7000. The device pairs okay with my new slim PS3 and if I run the Firmware/Settings utility it does see the device (green status bar at bottom,) but I can't do anything to it like check firmware or change the codeset value because the hourglass sits there forever as if the utility is doing something with the device, but never finishes. I assume however it is correct in reporting it is using codeset A.

The problem is, I've tried using codes from all four codesets and none of them seem to work. I've programmed Circle for example to back up in menus and the codes in your spreadsheets are not processed by the PS3. I can see the red light blinks on the Codeset A value, so that also confirms which Codeset the 500 is using I believe, but it's not translating it to the proper PS3 value.

I found a couple of CCF files people have distributed in the forums and their codes work just fine. I'll likely just use their programming, but I am wondering why their codes work okay when they don't match the codes in your spreadsheets? I also found an older CCF file for a PS2 IR remote and sure enough, those codes work okay too. So I guess I am confused about exactly what your Pronto Format string actually is. I will probably want to program a few functions that were not in the CCF files I found, so I would hope I could get a working set of Pronto codes.

Offline thealdaris84

Re: Pronto codes and utility questions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:27:46 PM »
I had this same problem while I had my Ipod plugged in. Once I unplugged the Ipod, it worked just fine.

Maybe you have something plugged in via USB that is messing with it?