Author Topic: Stopped working  (Read 804 times)

Offline cpeds

Stopped working
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »
Today I had to do a "System Update" on my PS3.  After doing so I attempted to reconnect my PS3IR-PRO.  However, nothing happens.  The PS3 does not detect it.  The procedure I am following is:

1. Tell the PS3 to detect BT remotes.
2. Plug the USB cable into the PS3IR-PRO.
3. Press 0 on my remote.

This was working fine up until today.  This is the first time I've had any issues and I've had this PS3IR-PRO for a long time.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Stopped working
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »
The PRO doesn't need to be paired with the PS3 after a firmware update. Does the PS3 no longer recognize commands sent from the PRO? Also, step 3 need to be done within ten seconds of step 2.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline cpeds

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »
Thanks for the response.  I used the remote to kick off the update, but the remote failed to control the PS3 once the update was complete.  Yes, I am pressing the 0 within 10 seconds.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
You may need to power down the PS3 completely by unplugging its power cable. Sometimes the Bluetooth gets the blues... Heh heh.

Once you've reset the PS3 a couple of times, try to pair the PRO again. Meanwhile, verify that the PRO still works by trying to do a firmware update.

Please let us know what you find.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline cpeds

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I've found the cause.  It was an intermittent break in the USB cable.  It worked most of the time, but sometimes didn't provide power.  I swapped the cable and everything is working correctly now.