Author Topic: Compatibility with Sony RM-VL610  (Read 1058 times)

Offline lehman_john

Compatibility with Sony RM-VL610
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »

I would like to use the PS3IR-500 with the Sony RM-VL610 (I have not bought either yet) to control a PS3 slim for Blue Ray playback, but it is not obvious that the Sony RM-VL610 supports PS2 codes.
The user manual for the RM-VL610 shows it supports 5 Sony DVD players, but does not explicitly show PS2 support.

Should I assume that one of the Sony DVD codes supported by the RM-VL610 will support the PS2 (and therefore the PS3IR-500)?

BTW - I don't need all the functionality on the remote, just the basics (power on/off, menu/navigation, pause, play, stop,ff, rw, skip).

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Compatibility with Sony RM-VL610
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
The PS2 codes do not include Discrete On and Discrete Off. These codes are specific to our products. So, if you set your remote to use one of the Sony DVD codes, you will most likely not have Discrete Off. Since the PS3 powers on with any command, you will be able to power it on.

If your remote supports learning codes, I recommend using the 1000 instead. The 1000 has a "Teach Your Remote" feature that will ensure that you can teach your remote all of the IR codes, including Discrete Off.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.