Author Topic: Hardwired Input  (Read 872 times)

Offline duckwood

Hardwired Input
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
Hi,

I cannot get the hardwired input working on my PRO.  I basically have taken an emitter and cut the end off of the wire.  I have the 1/8" jack plugged into an RTI RP6 processor, where it would normally go for the emitter.  I then have the two bare wires connected to the back of the PRO.  I have tried both ways of wiring, and it does not seem to work.  With an emitter on the front it works fine.  I bought it after August so I believe I have the latest 1.09 firmware.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Offline duckwood

Re: Hardwired Input
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
Any support from the manufacturer??

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »
Duckwood,

The PRO expects a certain type of IR input: ground-based. It seems your emitter does not use that type of signal. The simplest solution would be to glue the emitter to the front of the PRO, in front of the IR sensor. With the screws down, the sensor is about an inch in from the left, behind the shiny front panel.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline duckwood

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »
Yes I can get it to work with an emitter.  But I want to wire it directly.  Can you elaborate more on the hardwire connection?  I have an RTI RP6 that I am using for the connection.  It has both mono-style IR jacks and a high level output.  How can I verify the ground situation?

Offline glackowitz

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:29 PM »
Try setting the RTI IR freq to 0.00 on all of the codes

Remote Central Moderator

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »
Place the unit flat, with the screws down. The left side of the green connector is for signal input, and the right is ground. It expect a ground-based signal, and it could be high and pulled low or low and pulled high. The differential should be at least 3 Volts, but not more than 12 Volts.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.