Author Topic: How to program the URC MX-500?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Karman

How to program the URC MX-500?
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up a PS3IR-500.  Can my MX-500 be programmed completely with a PS2 remote or is there another way?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: How to program the URC MX-500?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 02:37:13 PM »
I love answering "A or B?" questions with "YES!"! That's happening a lot here at Schmartz, especially around lunch... Mike, what are you having, chicken or pizza? Mike says: "Yeah..."

With the next URC software update, we're going to be listed in their database. So that would be one way of programming your remote. I believe the update is due sometime this month.

Also, and I am not sure if MX-500 has this, you can use the PRONTO codes in hex format. If all else fails, you can use the PS2 remote, and program the Discrete Off macro on the remote, rather that use the one on the device. You could also use the PS2 remote for most of the codes, and just use the PRONTO hex code for Discrete Off.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline sneeker203

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »
HI everyone,

I just purchased the ps3ir-500 and have a question or two, I have the Nx-rm505 with is the copy of the mx-500. I do not have a ps2 remote to teach the nxg remote.

How do I load the .ccf file onto the remote so that it will control the functions of the ps3?, or even if that is possible. from this thread it seems that this may be the
case. Any help or idea's would be a welcome site.

Thanks to all

Bill
 ::)

Offline sneeker203

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
Ok I have purchased a ps2 remote and have programed my mx-500 for all the buttons exception power on and power off. I understand that there is a function within the ps3ir-500 that allows for this to happen "descrete power off and power on". Question is how does one program this into my universal remote?. Like I said all the other functions that I need are working except for this.

Can anyone out there in TV land point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Bill
 :o

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:24:43 AM »
Bill,

The Discrete On and Discrete Off commands are specific to our products. It is unlikely that they are included into any pre-programmed code set. Were you not able to use the .ccf for setting up your remote? The Discrete On and Discrete Off codes are part of that file.

If your remote does not support PC programming, a simple way to program these commands into your remote would be to program another remote with the codes then teach them to your remote. Another simple way would be to upgrade to the 1000 and use its "Teach Your Remote" feature.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline mduncan3

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »
I have an MX-450 and wanted to upload the .ccf file.  Anyone know how to do this for that remote.  I have installed the MX-450 Archiver to update the IR database and firmware, but it doesn't allow for downloading of .ccf files from what I can figure out.  Thanks.

Offline evan

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »
I have an MX-450 and wanted to upload the .ccf file.  Anyone know how to do this for that remote.  I have installed the MX-450 Archiver to update the IR database and firmware, but it doesn't allow for downloading of .ccf files from what I can figure out.  Thanks.

After you update the database search under aux for Schmartz.  There should be codes for the PS3IR-1000/500 in there.

Offline mduncan3

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 01:05:43 AM »
Thanks.  That worked.  I didn't see the list until I scrolled down.  Code 648 was in there and worked.

Offline mduncan3

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »
In the installation instructions it says "Over time, you may want to change button assignments to fit your own personal preferences. For example, most people find it is helpful to map the “Select” and “Enter” keys to the PS3 “X” button."

Right now, when I press the SEL button it brings up the Title and Chapter on the bottom of the screen.  The ENT button works like the X button which is good, but I would like the SEL button to also act like the X instead of bringing up with Title and Chapter information.  Is there a way to do this?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Try editing the hex code for SEL, and paste the code for X. I'm not an expert on the URC software, but I bet their Customer Support will be able to assist you.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.