Author Topic: PS Button  (Read 3006 times)

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: PS Button
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »
Dopey,

Please try the PS3IR-1000 profile in the Harmony database, and let me know if the "Exit" command works on that one.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline dopey

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »
Romeo,
Same thing with ps3-ir1000.  Short click of the Exit button has no effect, long hold of the button eventually switches to the turn of ps3 (or turn off controller) prompt.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
Dopey,

After months of calling and begging, Logitech finally updated our profiles in their database. I just got the e-mail. Oh, happy day!

Please update your remote and let me know if it fixes your issue.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline dopey

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
i still have the same behavior.  I did notice something though.  When I'm at the main PS3 screen, when I hit the PS button on the controller it shows the battery status of the controller.  Hitting the Exit button on the Harmony while at this screen has the exact same behavior, except it always shows a full battery.

But when playing back a blu-ray disc, hitting Exit still does nothing unless I hold down Exit for a while.

Is it possible the PS command is variable based on some 2-way contextual communication between the PS3 and the controller?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
The battery levels are indicated for the controller and the remote. The remote will always have full "battery", since it's powered by an always-on USB port.

I am currently working with Logitech on updating our profiles. Is the "exit" button listed under "Standard Buttons" or "Additional Buttons" on your remote?

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline dopey

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 08:20:55 AM »
The battery levels are indicated for the controller and the remote. The remote will always have full "battery", since it's powered by an always-on USB port.

I am currently working with Logitech on updating our profiles. Is the "exit" button listed under "Standard Buttons" or "Additional Buttons" on your remote?

Right, the battery level thing makes sense that it's always full.  I was more surprised that a single short press of the exit button gave me the battery status.  To me, that shows that it is sending a legit signal, just not the one that the controller sends during movie playback.

It's under the "Standard Buttons" page.  It doesn't make a difference though if I'm using a standard button or an advanced button both assigned to the same "Exit" command.

Offline Coggluserog

PS Button
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

I could not find this request on the forum, am I blind ??

I need to create a button for the backlight but... because there is always a but... in windows 6.5.X does not have in the windows folder the backlight.exe...

So how

good day to everybody