Author Topic: Power off for my TV activity  (Read 765 times)

Offline chadman

Power off for my TV activity
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
Sometimes the PS3 might get turned on by mistake when I am watching TV because I manually turned it on without the remote or someone hit a button on the remote by accident. 

Can I setup the off button on my Harmony One to always issue the "discrete off" command when I press it?  Currently when I use the "Watch TV Activity" and press the off button it will leave the PS3 on.  I would like to just add the option to power down my PS3.  Thanks, Chad

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Power off for my TV activity
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
Yes, that should work fine, if you have a PS3IR-1000 you can also add the Power sensing cable so that it stays in sync.

Offline chadman

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
Sorry, but I'm kind of new to this remote.  I was not sure how to add this to the off function.  Currently when I press the off button it kills my PVR, TV, and AV Receiver.  I just want to add the PS3 to this list, but I am not sure how to do this.  Any help would be great!  Thanks, Chad

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »
I would call Harmony support for help on this. I think you have to edit the device setup to tell harmony to send discrete On and OFF commands. Also, there are many people that hang out on this forum (like BeerStalker) that really know the details of the Harmony setup process.

Offline chadman

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »
Well I got it.  I just added an activity to the off feature of my TV.  The only problem is that you can only add TV commands for this.  I just picked the "Pause" feature on the TV.  After that changed the "pause" IR command and replaced it with the "discrete off" for the PS3.  Now anytime I turn off my TV, it will shut off the PS3.  Thanks, Chad

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
Chad,

That's awesome! We're glad you worked it out!

Customers like you make ours jobs easy, so thank you very much!

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.