Author Topic: Programming API  (Read 1675 times)

Offline ebu

Programming API
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:53:41 AM »
To control my PS3 from my own automation software, I need either a command line utility to send commands directly or an API to integrate commands directly i n my own solution. API is of course the best solution i my case.

It's or will it be available? My preferred language for the API is Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. But native C++ is also OK.

Best regards,
Espen
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:37:21 AM by rdenghel »

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Programming API
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
I'll get you the API later this afternoon but for now I'll give you a heads up that we enumerate as a simple HID device that uses a fixed 8 bit packet in both directions. All you will need to do is search for HID devices with our VID/PID and then send a simple packet for key down and key up. I would recommend using Real Basic since you don't need those annoying .NET dependencies. In fact whatever you write can be run right off a tiny 8Mb USB memory stick. No installation needed. It's refreshingly like the old days again. Real basic is a very powerful object oriented language and costs just $99.  And, the same app compiles to MAC OSX and Linux versions as well. API details to follow.

Mike

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
I have attached a zip file that contains a simple explanation of the USB communication and the key codes. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Mike

[Update - July 16, 2009]
Removed .zip file, added Discrete On key code, reposted .zip file below. - Romeo Denghel
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:46:04 AM by rdenghel »

Offline Snecx

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
Hello

Im planing to buy a PS3IR-1000 and i need to control from my own software.
Im not a professional programmer an i have some issues to get this to work.
My desired language is .NET.
I cant find a way to communicate with a USB device.
Any chance of getting a small snippet so i can implement this to my own software?
Any help is welcome.

Thank you

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »
Check out http://www.burud.net/

You may want to contact him for advice since he uses .NET regularly. I personally hate anything related to .NET myself. I would recommend using Real Basic instead. It's easier and more powerful. You can build stuff quickly without all the dependencies of needing to install any stupid .NET framework. The result is an .exe that runs without needing to be installed. And the size is just a few megabytes.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:52 AM »
Repost of .zip file with Discrete On key code added.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.