Author Topic: PS3IR-1000 Utility  (Read 7189 times)

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
PS3IR-1000 Utility
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
Download the ZIP file and unzip it in the folder of your choice.

Unzipped folder structure should be:
ps3ir1kutil.exe
[ps3ir1k Libs] <- folder
  - Appearance Pak.dll
  - MBSRegistrationPlugin15968.dll
  - MBSWinHIDPlugin15968.dll

[Update September 14, 2010]
- Remote window now fits on 1024 x 768 resolution.

[Update June 07, 2010]
- Redesigned macros interface.
- Automatic firmware upgrade.
- Improved stability and performance "under the hood".
- Updated firmware to version 1.7.

[Update October 02, 2009]
- Expanded code sets to four.
- Added Discrete On as macro command.
- IR Input and Power Sensing now have auto-configuration.
- Updated firmware to version 1.6.

[Update July 13, 2009]
Changes:
- When using Power Sensing, only "Discrete On" will power on the PS3
- Updated firmware to version 1.4.

[Update June 16, 1009]
Changes:
- Fixed Discrete On problem by adding Discrete On key code to table - Pronto codes spreadsheet remains unchanged
- Updated firmware to version 1.03.

[Update June 09, 2009 - Mike's favorite day of the year]
Changes:
- Added Discrete On command to remote - Pronto codes spreadsheet also updated
- Updated firmware to version 1.02
- Boosted IR emitter output from "ridiculous power" to "ludicrous power" - Spaceballs reference. But seriously, if "ludicrous power" isn't enough, we can "go to plaid" - another Spaceballs reference. Details to follow.

[Update May 07,2009]
Changes:
- Our bonehead engineer fixed a bug in our external IR input feature
- Added firmware update button for updating firmware to version 1.01.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:49:34 PM by rdenghel »

Offline philipel

Re: PS3IR-1000 Utility
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »
I have bought (but not yet used this device) and intend to use it with the Harmony 1100 . The Harmony uses either Windows or Mac.  will it be possible to use utility on a Mac. sometime soon ?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:04 AM »
We are working on a Mac utility, but it won't be available anytime soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline greynolds

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
I'm having trouble getting the utility to run on Vista Ultimate.  It starts up, is non-responsive, and shows "PS3IR-1000 Utility V1.2 (Not Responding)" in the title bar after 10-15 seconds.  It does indicate that the device is connected though.

Update: Same thing with XP Pro - I just tried it on my laptop which is my only XP system and get the same result.

Update2: Started the software without the PS3IR-1000 connected to my computer, then connected it to the computer and it seems to be working fine now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:38:11 PM by greynolds »

Offline ronner

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:47:53 PM »
Clicking the link won't allow me to download the zip file.  After clicking the link, it pops me back to a login screen.  then when I login, I am back at the main forum page and it all repeats...
Any ideas? 

Offline Roath

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
I have noticed that you need to start the utility before connecting the unit to the USB, else it will hang. No Biggy.

However I still cannot transmit and program my remote. ( Phillips Prestigo 9600)

Offline Ninja121

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 04:53:46 AM »
Unless I am missing something, the new update does not change anything?

Copied the discrete on command to the on button on my remote. Nothing happens, wont even turn on, yet every other button will turn on the ps3 yet.

I thought only the discrete on, which does not work, should be the only button to turn it on in firmware 1.02?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »
Any button (except Discrete Off) will always power on the PS3.

To take advantage of the new Discrete On command, the PS3IR-1000 needs to have the latest firmware. Launch the utility and upgrade the firmware. If the PS3 is already on, Discrete On does nothing. If the PS3 is already off, Discrete Off does nothing.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline Ninja121

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »
My point is the new firmware does not work or the discrete on code does not work, im on 1.02, discrete on does nothing, as others mentioned in the another thread the button does not work.

Also on 1.02 any button turns the ps3 on, I want only discrete on to turn it on. I thought the purpose of the word discrete means only that button should turn the ps3 on. Im almost positive my old unit could only be turned on by the discrete on button.

Im using a power sensing cable.

These upgrades are frustrating because they are not working properly.

Again on 1.02 any button turns the ps3 on, and discrete on button does not even send a command like the others mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:53:11 AM by Ninja121 »

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »
Firmware version 1.03 is out! Please use the utility to upgrade the firmware on your device. Feedback is always welcome. Thank you for being polite and constructive.

Ninja121: Suppose you walk up to your PS3, insert a DVD, and the PS3 powers on. Would you want then to have to push Discrete On before the PS3 would react to any command? You are correct, at one point we had it where all commands were ignored until the PS Key (former Discrete On) was pressed. This caused problems for many users, and lots of support headaches for us.

With the new PS3IR family, we decided to allow all commands to power on the PS3.

I want only discrete on to turn it on.
Please explain your reasoning for this request.

These upgrades are frustrating because they are not working properly.
To use a familiar political tune, I feel your pain. We are doing our best to get this issue and any others resolved in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz, Inc.

Offline Ninja121

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »
You are correct with manually turning it on, but I did not think there was a way even this box could override the manual turn on.

For my remote I wanted discrete on to turn it on and no other buttons, incase you or your family hits a button wrong and it turns on without them even knowing.

If you have your reasons for not doing it that way because it causes problems, that is fine, i dont want other issues to arise.

Offline remoteone

• remoteONE
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:08 PM »
I thought the purpose of the word discrete means only that button should turn the ps3 on.
Though I'd just clarify that in the Home Automation world, "Discrete ON" means that this code will only turn the device ON, as opposed to a Power ON/OFF IR code that toggles the power on or off dependent on the current state. Conversely "Discrete OFF" will only turn the power OFF, no matter how many times the IR code is sent.
Having a "Discrete ON" code available does not infer that it is the only code that will turn the device on. This is the same for most devices. For example, on TVs without discrete ON codes , one way to simulate Discrete ON is to send code for another Button such as "channel 0".
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:07:08 AM by remoteone »
Australian Schmartz Distributor

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
Thanks for your input. I have implemented the true discrete on and we will have it out soon.

Mike

Offline CipDrell

PS3IR 1000 Utility
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »
Another new utility      WoW.

I dont have a messaging program, but Id really like to see your stuff continue to be developed.  Let us know what you need.

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Is that Tongue in Cheek or what? LOL

I sense that you are saying something cool and maybe positive. But I have no idea what it is. LOL

But thanks!

Offline mmartins

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »
I am having proble to install the Utility for PS3IR-100. I received the following error when installing double clicking the file ps3ir1kutil.exe on windows XP:
Runtime Error
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit

Please report what caused this error along with the information belo.
..\..\..\Common\plugin.cpp:7300
Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypointName, out)
can;t find plugin method BevelButton.DeleteAllRows

What is the problem here?
Regards,
Marcos

Offline Shaggy29

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
Marcos,

I just duplicated your error.  When you unzip the files you will get an executible - "ps3ir1kutil.exe" and a folder called "ps3ir1kutil Libs".  In the folder there will be three files - Appearance Pak.dll, MBSRegistrationPlugin15968.dll, and MBSWinHIDPlugin15968.dll.  Make sure the .exe and the Lib folder are in the same folder.  I just unzipped onto my desktop then made a new folder and dragged the unzipped exe and Libs folder into the new folder.  

Your problem should be solved!  Good Luck
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:53:50 PM by Shaggy29 »

Offline mmartins

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »
You are correct! The problem is now resolved. Thank you for your help!
Marcos

Offline Shaggy29

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »
You are welcome....glad I could help.

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »
Yes, there is no installation actually. It is just important to keep all of the files in the Zip together. That's why we recommend unzipping the contents to a folder. Then you can move the folder anywhere and it just works. What is cool is that you can launch it right off of a USB drive on any computer by just running the exe. No install, no dependency on OS or .NET

This does point out that we need to put in a check for the presence of the DLL files before running whatever needs the dlls. Doh! That way we could display a "meaningful" message that tells you to keep the files together instead of just generating a system error.

We'll improve on this in a future release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike