Author Topic: Use a tracking service.  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Broadbandboer

Use a tracking service.
« on: May 31, 2008, 02:50:58 AM »
My pro unit was shipped on 23-05-08. Had it at 11:30 29-05-08. Shipped to South-Africa. No hassles. Tracking function gave a clear message about where the package was. Use the courier service if you want to get your package guaranteed. Thanks Mike. Excellent service.

Boer ;D

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Use a tracking service.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still working out the kinks on the lowest service with tracking and guaranteed delivery. The Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) service from USPS should be under $50 to all destinations. Unfortunately, it takes almost an hour to process each order right now because of the need to manually fill out the paperwork. So far, I've had no luck doing it online but, it is a new option and I expect it will eventuallly be easy for me and cheaper for everyone. It seems that FedEx and UPS are over $100 for international destinations other than Canada. So getting the GXG working efficiently is a priority for me.

Offline georgev

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »
My pro unit was shipped on 23-05-08. Had it at 11:30 29-05-08. Shipped to South-Africa. No hassles. Tracking function gave a clear message about where the package was. Use the courier service if you want to get your package guaranteed. Thanks Mike. Excellent service.

Boer ;D

Hey Boer,
Have you got your Pro to work? If so can you let me know how?
I am in Johannesburg and have not succeeded yet. How are you powering your pro?
Received mine two days ago.

Offline Broadbandboer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
Hi George.

I use a usb hub with external power and the ps3 remote charge cable plugged into that. Then you just register the device under bt remote in the settings menu and you are away.  Don't know if it matters but i also have the latest firmware for the playstation.  i use a logitech harmony 1000 remote and listed the device as a schmart game console + dvd. Had to program a macro for power off though. Anything else just pm me.

Boer

Oops i see you already pm'ed me. ;D

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
Please post the results. Thanx

Mike

Offline georgev

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
Hey Mike,
I have got it to work using a cell phone usb charger.
Initially while registering the remote, I was following the instructions on the game controller which obviously did not work. Then after "speaking" to you I used the harmony and it registered.
What I haven't got going yet is the power off.
I have mailed Logitech and they have replied so I will upload and retry.
George.