Author Topic: PS3IRX1 and Nyko MediaHub+ Together? Will they fit?  (Read 763 times)

Offline ToddS

PS3IRX1 and Nyko MediaHub+ Together? Will they fit?
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
I'm about to buy a new PS3, with only two USB ports. Will the PS3IRX1 and the Nyko MediaHub fit side-by-side? Has anybody tried the MediaHub? I'm not really interested in the card reader. I just want to expand to more USB ports without wires.

Offline ToddS

Re: PS3IRX1 and Nyko MediaHub+ Together? Will they fit?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Nobody has tried this combo? Hmm. Maybe everyone here has older PS3s with more USB ports. I think dropping USB ports was a pretty crappy move on Sony's part. Anybody know why they did it? Other than to save 89 cents?

I'm still waiting for Chase to straighten out my credit card snafu. They issued me the PlayStation card but failed to attach the $150 PS3 rebate deal. As soon as that gets fixed I'll buy the PS3 and both plugin devices and just try it. I can always return the MediaHub to BestBuy if they don't fit together. I'll let everyone know what happens.

If anybody doesn't know what a Nyko MediaHub+ is, here's a link: http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=142#

Offline ToddS

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »
Does anybody know of any other USB hubs that are "made for PS3?" I've been pinning my hopes on the Nyko but maybe I'm missing out.

Offline micware

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
I have the ps3irx1 and media hub, ps3irx1 is a bit to big next to the media hub,
First insert the ps3irx1 and than with a hard push insert the media hub!
It works for me

Offline ToddS

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 03:28:36 AM »
Wow. I wouldn't have tried that if you hadn't mentioned it. It's a seriously tight fit. Probably to the point of bending something. I wish one device or the other was 1/2 a millimeter smaller. Mike? Future tweak, perhaps?