Author Topic: PS3IR-PRO with B&o remote (BEO4)  (Read 5464 times)

Offline ....mr anders(son)

• yesphoto
Re: PS3IR-PRO with B&o remote (BEO4)
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
Solved, but not here :-\

Offline guyconstantine

Re: PS3IR-PRO with B&o remote (BEO4)
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 03:54:28 AM »
I have just received the PS3IR Pro, thank you.  I have a Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 7 and am trying to get the IR output from the television to control the PS3 via the PS3IR Pro.  I have tried synchronizing the PS3IR Pro with my PS3, pressing 0 on the Beo4 remote control, within 10 seconds of plugging in power but with no success.  I found this thread regarding Bang and Olufsen Beo4 remotes etc but couldn't figure out how to resolve the problem.

I may be teaching my Granny to suck eggs here but to clarify how I believe the Bang & Olufsen (B&O) system works is that the Beo 4 remote control sends a set of B&O IR codes, that are proprietary to them, to the B&O TV.  The B&O TV then converts this code using its internal set-top box controller/PUC and translates it into another IR language and sends it via an IR Blaster to the relevant unit.

I have the PS3 codes programmed into the TV.    I haven't got any other Sony codes stored in the TV and I don't fancy returning to my local B&O shop to get additional PUC's added, the TV is pretty heavy!  Is there another way around this or do I need to purchase a different IR controller for the PS3?

Any help would be much appreciated.