Author Topic: Suggestion for Expansion Port: IR Flasher Input  (Read 3538 times)

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Suggestion for Expansion Port: IR Flasher Input
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
I can provide a firmware version that uses the rear panel connector instead of the IR port easily enough. But right now, the firmware expects a high going low signal. In other words, what I get out of the IR receiver. So it seems that is the opposite to what is sent out.

I'm experimenting today with inverting the signal in the firmware. That would be the fix. It's opposite of what I originally expected.

Update:  I have released V1.9 which supports the rear connector. It is located here: http://ps3ir.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=120.0

The input is ground referenced so you may have to do more than just plug into the flasher output. In my research I found that some flasher outputs actually connect the positive terminal to 12V and switch the negative input to ground.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:53:06 PM by MMuecke »

Offline glackowitz

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
Thanks Mike. The rear port would be best for us in our installs. We usually use an emitter or 1/8" mono mini plug on all equipment we install with a control system.

I need to buy a PS3 and a PRO so I can start playing around with it all a little more.
Remote Central Moderator

Offline WOLFman

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »
I have just found your product and forum. 
I'm interested in purchasing the PS3IR-PRO.
I'm curious to see if the IR port firmware update
is now available on products purchased today!

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
Yes, all units are shipping with the latest firmware V1.09 installed.

Offline WOLFman

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 01:27:21 PM »
Mike,
Thanks for the info.
I had just found the firmware image download just before I checked for your reply!
I appreciate the way you support your products; plus the consideration and priority
shown toward installer suggested revisions.
Keep up the great work!