Author Topic: Crestron IR / Logic  (Read 2233 times)

Offline db3l

Crestron IR / Logic
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:34:54 PM »
Just thought I'd post that if anyone is interested, I have a Crestron IR module converted from the Pronto CCF codes supplied by Mike.  So you don't have to mix and match the PS2/Sony DVD ir files.

I also have the small bit of logic to track and implement the power on/off macro, though right now it's just discrete logic within my system program and not packaged as a module or anything.

-- David

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Crestron IR / Logic
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
Could you please attach your resulting file?

Offline db3l

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
Yep - just got done with some testing.  Here's the file.

-- David

[Jun 11: Updated the attached file with the discrete power off command posted here by ironcross]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:35:21 PM by db3l »

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »
Thanks!

Offline bbutler

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:36 AM »

I just orded the PS3IR, and having my Crestron programmer implement your logic.  Does it work Ok? Is there any words of wisdom to pass along.  :)

Offline db3l

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

I just orded the PS3IR, and having my Crestron programmer implement your logic.  Does it work Ok? Is there any words of wisdom to pass along.  :)

Not particularly - it's working just fine for me.  I suspect your programmer may have his/her own preference for tracking the state of the PS3, but in case it helps, here's a user module I extracted my logic into.  I've been meaning to add some signals to permit manual adjustment of the perceived (on/off) state in case it was needed to correct for an external (non-Crestron) event, but I haven't really needed it myself, so...

ps3_on/off are the inputs and only cause an action if needed (e.g., ps3_on is only acted upon if the PS3 is currently considered off).  The ps3_ps/down/x/0 outputs need to be connected to the respective IR symbol inputs (or logic that eventually triggers them).  ps3_on-f is a feedback signal indicating when the user module thinks the PS3 is on.

I chose to use 0 to power on (instead of say PS) since it seemed a bit more innocuous in case it got sent accidentally (such as if the Crestron got out of sync with a manual operation like inserting a DVD).

The power down sequence takes about 5s to run to completion, so presuming you have some global shutdown logic, you might want to insert the ps3_off signal early in its sequence to let the PS3 shutdown processing overlap with some of the rest of the sequence.

-- David