Author Topic: Trouble pairing with new PS3  (Read 2025 times)

Offline onecoolmint

Trouble pairing with new PS3
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »
Hi guys,
I recently had to replace my PS3 because the old one died.
I've been using my ps3irpro for several years and it has always worked great. But for some reason I am unable to get the new ps3 to pair with it.

I've confirmed that my usb power supply is good, and done several attempts at pairing but no luck.
I do have the Sony bd remote and it is able to pair correctly.

Are there certain models that the ps3irpro won't work with?

My steps are:
1. Go to "register bd remote" in the ps3 menu
2. Unplug the ps3irpro
3. Wait a few seconds and pluthe ps3irpro back in
4. Press 0 on my harmony remote within 5 seconds of plugging in the ps3irpro
5. Wait for the screen to say the pairing was successful. (I never see this).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline lrowell2131

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Trouble pairing with new PS3
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
Mike-

The PS3IR-PRO should pair with any model PS3, there have been no changes in he Blue Tooth pairing interfaces. 

The procedure you described is correct for the most recent PRO firmware.

If you would send me your device, I will upgrade it and test the pairing.  You can find our address on our website.  Make sure to enclose your return address.  The return address on packages is frequently unreadable.

Lynn Rowell
Schmartz Support

Offline onecoolmint

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »
Ok great, thank you Lynn.  Do different PS3 models require a newer firmware revision for the PS3IRPRO?  My "new" PS3 isn't really very new, it's model CECHK01 (80gb 'fat' model). The previous one was a CECHA01(60gb 'fat' model).

I'm kind of stumped because everything was working great, and literally the only thing that I changed in my setup is the PS3 system itself.  I'm using the same remote (Harmony 900), same PS3IRPRO, same USB power supply, even all the same cabling for the PS3 (power/network/HDMI).

Is there a way for me to tell which firmware version is presently on the PS3IRPRO?

Thanks much,
Mike

p.s. sorry for the spelling/typos in my initial post, I was typing from my phone. :)

Offline lrowell2131

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
There is not an easy way to view the firmware level with the PRO.  I can update it and verify correct operation very easily with the factory tools. I realize it is inconvenient to operate your PS3 w/o the IR interface but I can turn the PRO around in one day at the factory.

On schmartz.com you can find our Round Rock address in the "contact us" link.  Make sure to enclose a return address inside the package - the post office usually renders return address unreadable.

Lynn Rowell
Schmartz Support