Author Topic: PS3 won't power on with macro  (Read 1279 times)

Offline jaynabonne

PS3 won't power on with macro
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:25:43 PM »
I have hooked things up, including the power sensing cable, and I can get everything to work - except powering on. I'm not using a remote controller (so other topics here haven't applied so far). I just want to use the PC utility to turn the device on.

When I look at the "On" command in the macro editor, it just says "Clear". Is that what's supposed to turn things on? If not, what is the proper command sequence to do so?

Thanks!

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: PS3 won't power on with macro
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:11:49 PM »
Where is the Power Sensing cable plugged into?

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

Offline jaynabonne

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »
It connects a port on the PS3 to the jack that says "PS3" on your device.

So can you confirm that the "On" macro just has a "Clear" command in it? What exactly does that do?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
With the PS3, any remote command sent to it while it is in standby will cause it to power on.  We chose "Clear" as a command because it is generally harmless but it accomplishes what we need: powering on the PS3.  With the power sensing cable installed, the PS3IR-1000 will only send this command to the PS3 if it detects that the PS3 is in standby mode.

Please test the following, with your current configuration:  Power on the PS3 manually or by using a controller.  Scroll left and right a few times using your remote or the software utility.  The PS3 should react to all commands sent.  Unplug the Power Sensing cable from either the PS3 or the device.  The status LED on the PS3IR-1000 should still be lit.  Try sending some scroll commands (up, down, left or right) to your PS3 using either your remote or the software utility.  The PS3 should not react to any of the commands.  Report the results.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

Offline jaynabonne

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
First, thanks for the info. :)

I tried what you said, and I got the results you said. Things worked, I could scroll using the virtual BD Remote. Then when I unplugged the Power Sensing cable, the light stayed on, but I could no longer send commands.

Offline jaynabonne

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »
My power sensing is set to "Enabled" as well, in case that helps.

Offline jaynabonne

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:30:33 PM »
One more thing: this isn't a PS3 as much as a Sony DECR-1400A PS3 Reference Tool. It looks like a PS3, but it might not act exactly like one. So it's possible that this odd behavior can be explained by that, and I do have another way I can power the device on (with the Sony tools). I just wanted to be sure that I had exhausted the possibilities before giving up.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
Since it's not a PS3, it may explain the different results.  It sounds as though you have everything connected properly and everything works the way it should.  Except the Power On part...  Have you tried disabling the Power Sensing feature?

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support