Author Topic: Pro not working after PS3 3.61 update  (Read 989 times)

Offline Grimmace

• Expert
Pro not working after PS3 3.61 update
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
My pro has been working great for years. With just released 3.61 firmware, the system removed all bd remotes. Now it will not register with the PS3. I have one of the early units, it has the latest firmware. Any ideas? Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:21:22 PM by Grimmace »

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Pro not working after PS3 3.61 update
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »
We are currently looking into this.  Update coming soon.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

Offline MMuecke

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
My pro has been working great for years. With just released 3.61 firmware, the system removed all bd remotest. Now it will register with the PS3. I have one of the early units, it has the latest firmware. Any ideas? Thanks.

What are you doing to register it? Please describe the exact process.

Thanks

Offline Grimmace

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I got it to work. Or it was working. Apparently, after plugging in the unit to register it, the screen on the PS3 never changes. The waiting to register screen just stayed. However, I canceled out of it with the gamepad and then was hitting my remote trying to think about the situation when my remote worked. I tried it again, and it still never got past the waiting to register screen, but the unit now shows up in the PS3 remotes. 3.61 definitely removed it, but it is back. So, something hangs up in that remote registration screen and will not complete the action on screen. My pro keeps on ticking!