Author Topic: USB-UIRT and IR Command  (Read 1387 times)

Offline fourwheels12000@yahoo.com

USB-UIRT and IR Command
« on: May 22, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased IR Command and the UIRT dongle. They work great; better than great, they are nearly a miracle for a disabled person such as myself. Anyway, I want to be able to control my PlayStation 3 using this setup. Is it possible? And if so, what code set do I need?

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,

James

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: USB-UIRT and IR Command
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
We use the same infrared codes as the PS2.  Some of the codes are also the same for some Sony DVD players.  As long as you can either select this family of codes or program the codes through a teaching method, it doesn't matter which code set you use.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »
OK, that's good to know. Now, where do I find the codes?  ??? The only thing I can find are the Pronto Codes; is that what I use?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:04:53 PM »
Yes, those are codes.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »
Now if I could only get them to work. I opened up the first file, code set A, found the hex code for the PS Key, copied and pasted it into IR Command in the appropriate location. IR Command sends a signal, but nothing happens on the other end. Perhaps the location of the PS3IR-1000 is a problem? I have it sitting right next to the PlayStation, so I can't see how that could be it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
Is the PS3IR-1000 paired with the PS3?  Does the status LED on the PS3IR-1000 blink when you send the command?

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
It is paired for certain. The PlayStation registered it as controller number seven. Also, the status light does blink when I send the command from IR Command. That's probably a good sign, yes? Even though nothing's happening…  :(

UPDATE: all other commands programmed into IR Command work perfectly. In other words, after the PlayStation is turned on, I can completely control it. Unfortunately, the command to turn it off and on doesn't seem to work.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:18:04 PM by fourwheels12000@yahoo.com »

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
Use "Discrete On" and "Discrete Off" for power functions.  The PS Key on the remote does not have the same behavior as the PS Key on the controller.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:16 AM »
YES! SUCCESS! I now have complete control over my PlayStation 3. I can't thank you enough for all your help. As a disabled person, this kind of control over all of my devices is an absolute must.  :)

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Enjoy!  Glad to help!  Tell your friends! :)

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support