Author Topic: Power ON & Power Sensing Issues  (Read 812 times)

Offline da Choge

Power ON & Power Sensing Issues
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:43:02 PM »
Just bought the PS3IR-1000 (it's replacing a PS3IR-Pro).  I'm using a Harmony One remote.  Can not get the PS3 to power up via the Harmony One when the power sensing cable is attached between the PS3IR-1000 and the PS3.  When it is removed, the system works flawlessly.

I have checked and rechecked the following:

1.  The power sensing cable is attached properly (not switched with the USB poser cable)
2.  The PS3IR-1000 is properly paired to the PSR (and have have re-paired it several times to be sure)
3.  I have switched between the "auto" and "enabled" settings several times (while repeating steps 1 & 2 to make sure there weren't any glitches)
4.  I have reset the PS3IR-1000 to default several times while also repeating the above steps.

Everything works when the power sensing cable is attached and power sensing is enabled except that the PS3 can not be turned on with the Harmony One/PS3IR-1000 combo (I need to use a wireless controller to do that).  When the power sensing cable is removed and the unit set to the "auto" power sensing setting, everything including the ON works.

I am using the Playstation 3 settings for the Harmony One's "Game Console with DVD Player" instead of the Schmartz PS3IR-1000 unit settings, but I like the icons that are available for the symbol buttons that the Playstation 3 settings offer.

Any ideas or could it be that my unit is defective?

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Power ON & Power Sensing Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
As confirmed by customer, this issue was resolved by learning the Power On and Power Off codes into the remote.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support