Author Topic: Help - MX 900 URC and ps3irx1 not working  (Read 1231 times)

Offline blitz

Help - MX 900 URC and ps3irx1 not working
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
Ok I'm probably just missing something. I have the ps3irx1 plugged into my usb port on my ps3. I downloaded the file in the MX900 URC post and imported the device and can see that it's all set-up. 

Result = nothing. I can't pause fast forward, nothing.

Any thoughts??

Offline lrowell2131

• Administrator
  • Expert
Re: Help - MX 900 URC and ps3irx1 not working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:15:52 PM »
The typical URC remote code set that works for the X1 is code set 414.  Is that the code set you selected? 

Lynn Rowell
Schmartz Support

Offline blitz

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
I tried both the 414 code and the file on the forum.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's my ps3. My bluetooth remote doesn't work anymore either. Only the PS3 controller is able to control the device.

Offline rdenghel

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
One easy way to test the X1 would be to plug it into a PC.  You can then find it under Game Controllers.  Click Properties and you will be able to see if it receives infrared commands.  The X1 is a very simple and robust device; it is unlikely that it is malfunctioning.  When testing, please make sure you have the device selected as the active device on your remote.

Romeo Denghel
Schmartz Support

Offline blitz

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
Romeo,
I plugged it into my PC, went to properties, and then to the test tab. I verified that the URC is set to code 414. I made sure to select the PS3 to which i mapped the 414 code. I am hitting many random buttons ranging from play to the X button. Should I see something happening on the test screen because there is no change what-so-ever?

I see you guys are in Austin maybe you should just come to my house :-)

Thanks.

Offline blitz

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
Ok got it working. I noticed tonight that when I was using coded 414 it was showing 5 pages worth of programming but only one page was showing up on the device. I deleted the PS3 device, downloaded the new config to the URC to make sure it was really gone, then created a new device with a different name, went to the IR database and save code 414 to the device, and downloaded the new config to the URC. Works like a charm now.

Thanks to Romeo and everyone at Schmartz for the help. You all are the best.